Friday, January 28, 2011

SNOW CITY

As New Yorkers, we are always on the run. Rushing to work, scurrying to yoga, dashing here, there and everywhere. Seldom making eye contact. Seldom stopping to smell New York's virtual roses but yesterday morning, as I stepped into the snowy streets, I found myself having a little spiritual experience. It was one of those "wow" moments that lifted my spirits, made my all cozy inside and I thought how good it is to be alive in such a great city like New York. People were smiling, maybe they do this often but I do not seem to notice them. Maybe the wide smiles came from the feeling of vulnerability that slipping in the snow can bring. So as I trudged to work through the snow I saw things of wonder that I usually do not give much heed to.
the monument at the intersection of Broadway and fifth that no one heeds.

the new glass tower that looks kinda nice in the snow.

Marble church

the little church on the corner
The Empire State Building, glistening in th crisp blue sky. I do always love New York's blue sky even in winters drab days.

No comments:

Post a Comment